Friday, June 20, 2008

Evaluations From the Kids for Science Camp



I thought that nothing could better describe my experience with the science camp than the evaluations that the kids gave on the very last day. Here's are most of the evaluations. They are the exact evaluations, and I only corrected some of the spelling to make it easier to read.

Evaluation for Science Camp: Write one thing that you liked about the camp, one thing that you didn’t like, and one thing that can be improved.”
Actual Evaluations (with spelling corrections):

“1) Things I liked about this summer camp are that we have all had the chance to learn about different chemicals.
2) One thing that I didn’t like about this camp is that it was only four days.
3) Your camp can’t be improved because it’s already the best.”

“I liked the ice cream, the experiments and the diet coke and the globber. I *heart* Mrs. Rave, Mrs. Saha, Mrs. Cloe, Mrs. Kyli, Mr. Anthony, Mr. Mathew, Mr. Will.
I didn’t like NOTHING.
My suggestions are… we should of did something that involved chemicals and test tubes. IT WAS FREAKEN Awesome!”

“It was fun. We made stuff like root beer. It was awesome. Thank you!”

“Things I liked about this camp: We got to test things that we didn’t get to do in school! We got to make unusual things for science (in school) like making a dough volcano, root beer & Ice cream!
Things I disliked about this camp: actually I liked everything!
An experiment I wish we could’ve done: I wish we could’ve mixed drinks or punches like coke, or Pepsi/fruit punch!
Dear Rec Dept,
This was a great camp. Also have a vocal camp for 12 year-olds!”

“What I like about the camp: the fun experiments.
What did I not like: how short it was.
I think that next time you have chemical camp you should make more stuff explode and make camp longer.”

“What I liked about the camp is that it is fun, creative and cool. What I didn’t like is that it only lasts from Mon-Thurs. I would have like to see it last for at least 2 weeks. I don’t have any suggestions. Thank you. This camp Rocks!!!”

“I really loved this chemistry camp, but personally I’m more of an all around science person. If it were just science in general, I would add dissecting something, but that’s just me. Besides that it was great. I don’t have a favorite ‘cause I loved it all. Chemistry was an extremely awesome camp.”

“What I liked about the camp was everything :).
What I disliked about this camp was nothing.
What needs to be improved, nothing. Just have the same people do the camp again. They were really nice :)”

“I like was it was very cool and I had a lot of fun: also wish that it could be a longer camp because I really liked all my friends and the college students and I think they liked me too and I be a scientist because it’s so rocks.”

“I liked the ice cream. I didn’t like shaking the ice cream bag. I wish the camp was longer.”

“I really enjoyed this camp, I pretty much disliked nothing about it here. It’s kind of let me learn a little more about science. Also, it was worth taking 8 hours of my time.”

“I loved making stuff that I could take home and show my family. The only problem is that I feel like a nerd when I tell them I went to a chemistry camp. We need more stuff to take home. Bye!”

“They should have a snack everyday! And a huge party at the end!”

“Overall, this camp was fun! The things I liked about this camp was the staff and the experiments. The one thing I disliked about this camp was it was so SO short. More experiments would be great!”

“It was awesome. I liked everything about it. It was amazing.”

“I liked science camp and everything about it. If we have it next year, I’ll come then.”

This was the funniest camp related to science ever. I loved everything. It was so much fun.”

“1. What I liked best was everything! I had never done any of the experiments we did, so I got to do new things. I didn’t know what each experiment would turn out like, and I thought it was really cool! I want to show my parents how it is all done. But they probably won’t enjoy it as much as I did!
2. There was nothing I didn’t enjoy.
3. I can’t really think of anything else I would like to do. I twas all very fun. I learned a lot, and I would be happy doing anything else.”

“Liked: everything! It was all so fun!
Disliked: nothing
Improvements: nothing! No improvements! Chemistry camp rocks!”

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ah! that's awesome! i'm glad everyone liked it! you definitely deserve all the praise, i can tell! XD

Rui said...

Aww! Thanks so much! I am glad that the camp had such an effect on the kids. A big thank you to everyone who helped out!